Explore the New Manufacturing is a multi-dimensional undertaking of hope, promise, community, and a pledge to be intentional in providing routes for young West Virginians to remain in the state through pathways leading to careers in manufacturing.
The West Virginia Manufacturers Association Educational Fund, Inc. is founded.
First outreach activities initiated to address the skills gap in West Virginia.
Program development ramps up to creates a solid foundation for future outreach efforts
- First Explore the New Manufacturing Academies are held
- First Explore the New Manufacturing Presentations are held
- The Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grant Awarded
- Chevron Grant Awarded
- First full-time Program Director hired
- The West Virginia What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Contest begins in the Northern and Eastern Regions
- Expedition: Innovate introduced in partnership with the Clay Center, West Virginia Department of Education, and Robert C Byrd Institute
- Explore’s Scrap Competitions are launched
- The West Virginia What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Contest expands to the Kanawha Valley