Explore the New Manufacturing is a multi-dimensional undertaking of hope, promise, community, and a pledge to be intentional in providing routes for young West Virginians to remain in the state through pathways leading to careers in manufacturing.
A New Beginning
- The West Virginia Manufacturers Association Educational Fund, Inc. is founded.
Bridging The Gap
- First outreach activities initiated to address the skills gap in West Virginia.
Program Ramps Up
- First Explore the New Manufacturing Academies are held
- First Explore the New Manufacturing Presentations are held
- The Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grant Awarded
- Chevron Grant Awarded
- First full-time Program Director hired
- The West Virginia What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Contest begins in the Northern and Eastern Regions
- Expedition: Innovate introduced in partnership with the Clay Center, West Virginia Department of Education, and Robert C Byrd Institute
- Explore’s Scrap Competitions are launched
- The West Virginia What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Contest expands to the Kanawha Valley
Adapting To A Pandemic
- The West Virginia What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Awards Ceremony goes virtual
- Introduces the Emerging Elite in Manufacturing and Outstanding Industry Educator Awards
- Manufacturing Day Virtual Labs launched
- Holds 1st Explore the New Manufacturing Educators' Roundtable.
- The Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation Grant Awarded– Statewide
- ETQ Grant Awarded – North Central, Mid-Ohio & Northern Panhandle Regions
- The Greater Kanawha Valley Foundation Grant Awarded – Kanawha Valley & New River Regions
- Manufacturing Innovation Challenge premieres
- Governor Jim Justice signs proclamation for West Virginia Manufacturing Education Day