Explore the New Manufacturing is a statewide effort to creative awareness and excitement about manufacturing career pathways for West Virginia middle school and high school students. Financial contributions increase Explore’s ability to expand programing and reach more students.
Thanks to donations and in-kind gifts, even with schools closing in March due to COVID-19, the Explore team engaged 1,500 students during the 2019 –2020 school year.
- 8 regional events
- 900 students
- 26 manufacturer facilitated labs
- 40 Career Technical Education student mentors
Expedition: Innovation Event at the Clay Center
- 150 students
- 3 manufacturer facilitated workshops
- 15 Career Technical Education student mentors
What’s So Cool About Manufacturing? Student Video Contest
- 3 regional competitions
- 18 teams with 140 students
- 18 manufacturing partners
- 3 regional teacher training programs
- 209 middle school students
- 2 manufacturing partners
- 2 regional competitions
- 8 student teams for a total of 38 students
- 3 manufacturing partners
ALL DONATIONS TO EXPLORE THE NEW MANUFACTURING ARE USED TO SUPPORT STUDENT ENGAGEMENT ACTIVITIES
Explore the New Manufacturing is a program of the West Virginia Manufacturers Association Educational Fund, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. All financial donations are tax-deductible.