Explore the New Manufacturing Academies introduce students to the diverse and amazing career opportunities that help West Virginia manufacturers deliver their products to the world.
Regional Academies for 7th & 8th grade middle school students
- 75-125 students take part in Explore Academies
- Held at regional WV Department of Education's Career and Technical Centers and WV Community and Technical Colleges
- Site tours help to highlight the training and educational options available at regional learning centers
- High school students discuss why they chose their educational and future career pathways
- 3 to 5 fun activities provided by area manufacturers
- Each are 30 minutes and designed to provide a cool snapshot about the manufacturing process
- Students experience various facets of manufacturing such as operations, environmental health and safety, quality control, research and development, etc.
One-hour interactive workshops for middle school students
Explore the New Manufacturing Workshops are a general introduction to manufacturing.
- Learn about the exciting innovations used by West Virginia manufacturers
- Helps students to understand how their interests align with different types of careers
- Demystify stereotypes that exist about the manufacturing careers
- Presented by the Explore the New Manufacturing Team and one local manufacturer
- Include discussions, demonstrations, and hands-on activities
- A leave behind team challenge with the top groups receiving a pizza party